Monday, May 2, 2011

Moving to justin.tv

Even though I originally started streaming on ustream, I had recently been having problems with it. The main problem was that videos I recorded there would not upload to youtube automatically and required me downloading them, and then compressing them again in another program. This conversion resulted in a huge loss in quality, and the audio and video being out of sync. Clearly this is not a good way to make youtube videos, so I decided to switch to streaming on justin.tv.

There are a couple benefits to justin.tv from my point of view, and the main one is that uploading videos to youtube is way easier. Whenever I stream to justin.tv, the video is automatically saved (for 7 days). While the video is saved, I can easily go back and watch it to make highlights. These highlights can then be uploaded to youtube, and the best part is that justin.tv will split the video automatically for you, so that you can upload something that is longer than 15 minutes in multiple parts. I used to have to watch the clock to try to stop the video every 10-15 minutes to be sure the video would upload. The other benefit to streaming on justin.tv is that they seem to have way more gaming streams, meaning people that are interested in watching games will be more likely to be on justin.tv already, giving me a greater chance of higher exposure.

No comments:

Post a Comment