Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Starcraft 2 Journey from Bronze Day 1

It has been a long time since I've played Starcraft 2 regularly and I decided I should give it a shot again. Last season my 1v1 was primarily just worker rushes to farm portraits. I didn't really get all that many, but I did manage to get my league down from gold that I placed into to bronze. As a result, my placement for Season 2 is also bronze (after 1 match).

Today I started my 1v1 journey on the ladder. I played a handful of matches, and to my surprise, I'm bad enough to actually lose to bronze players. I really feel like I need to get better at the basics of the game, like macro, micro and understanding the flow of the game first before I worry about strategy. I'm playing random because I feel like I should get to know all of the races and how they play, even though I feel like zerg is my strongest race (and favorite to play). Hopefully I discover some useful things over the next little while as I continue to try to play a few games a day (casually like a normal person) and be able to move up to at least Platinum if not Diamond.

If you have any suggestions for what strategy I should use as I attempt to improve in Starcraft, feel free to leave a reply here or on my facebook wall (or twitter @cordoro1). I do plan to stream the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment