Thursday, May 12, 2011

HoN Turns 1 Year Old

Heroes of Newerth, a game similar to League of Legends and Defense of the Ancients (or SotiS for SC2) has reached a year since it first released and left beta. I've played it a very little on and off since the beta, and I've never really been able to get into it. I think the reason I haven't gotten into it is because I don't have the patience to endure the learning curve while dealing with a bunch of angry players that hate that I haven't played it as much as they have. In any case, S2Games (the company that makes it) has a bunch of stuff planned to celebrate the occasion, so I might have to play a couple games again just to remind myself how little I enjoy it. I must say that the game does seem well tuned for people that are already very experienced at it (or DotA since it was made to appeal to hardcore DotA players).

Probably the best news for people that aren't ready to spend $30 on the game just yet is that they're allowing anyone to play for free for 11 days as part of this celebration so if you want to try it go to their website and sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment