Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Terraria Stand Alone Server on the Way

So I've really started liking Terraria and wanting to be able to play with my friends. After playing the game shortly after launch, I've been somewhat disappointed in the server software that is available at this point. However, the developers have said that they are going to eventually release separate server software so that people can run dedicated servers. I for one hope that some software is released for Linux because I personally much prefer running servers on Linux. In addition, they intend to allow for easier joining of games using the Steam API, which would mean you could click on a friend to invite him to your game or join his game. To read more that was said by the developer that goes by the name "Blue" read this forum post.

No comments:

Post a Comment