Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Indie Game: Dwarfs!?

So today I decided to try out a new game that I haven't heard of before, so I got a game called Dwarfs!? on steam. The first thing I noticed from the video is that the dwarfs seem kinda like ants digging around underground, and honestly it feels a little that way. I consider this to be a good thing. But imagine if your ant could also fight using axes to keep back the mystical shaman they find hidden in caves. In reality, the standard game mode (called arcade) is quite simple, and gives you a time limit in which to explore as much area and as many caves as possible, while defeating any baddies you find along the way. Oh, and as dwarfs, you're also trying to collect treasure. As you gather treasure, you can use it to train more troops, close of dangerous areas of the map, and build new outposts to train troops to defend your miners. At $10 it's a pretty good buy that I would recommend to pretty much anyone that wants some single player strategy gaming.

Oh, and coincidentally, my high score at the time of writing is 5th on the 5 minute arcade mode on Normal difficulty. Here is the video:

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame you didn't get your high score on May 5th as well. That would have been the trifecta.

    ReplyDelete