Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Diablo 3 Follower Preview

Blizzard has recently talked a bit about how followers will work in Diablo 3 and I thought I should say a little something about it. Based on a particular blue post on the subject, the point of followers is to give people playing through on single player a bit of the feel of having a friend with them. The balance of the followers is such that they will be useful on the first playthrough, but will have a severe dropoff in usefulness on the harder difficulties, making multiplayer the much better way to play in the long run. Also, they can provide an introductory feel to multiplayer.

Followers also stop following you when you play with a friend. I personally plan to play the game with friends as often as I possibly can because I really enjoy the social interactions that come along with most of the games I play. To hopefully give you a feel for how followers work in game, here is the video Blizzard released showing follower gameplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment