Saturday, April 23, 2011

ryAnime Texture Pack

My friend Tharesan recently made a texture pack for Minecraft that I thought I should show off. The pack can be downloaded from his page on planet minecraft. The change that you notice most immediately is that fires from furnaces and torches are blue instead of red, giving the lighting a cooler feel. The major changes are with the items and the skins for some of the mobs. Bows and arrows instead show up as shurikens. Swords have different blades and handles depending on the material, and all of the armor feels much more like it's out of some anime, with holes in places that reduce the practicality of the armor but make it just that much more awesome.

In terms of the changes to mobs, wolves have different skins, and tamed wolves look like huskies, but I wasn't able to find any wild wolfs in my short test to see what they look like. Skeletons look like bandits or ninjas wielding shurikens and are definitely fearsome. All in all, it's an enjoyable texture pack that leaves most of the terrain untouched for people like me that enjoy the look of terrain, while changing the feel of the items to keep the game fresh and engaging. Good job Tharesan! Check below for my video review.

No comments:

Post a Comment