Monday, March 4, 2013

One Game a Month

I've decided I want to be more involved in game design in my life. To that end, I'm going to attempt to participate in the One Game a Month program, where many game developers attempt to complete one game in each month of the year. I plan to follow the theme for march, which is "Rogue" and create a rogue-like of some sort. I'm not yet sure what platform I will target, but I do want the game to be electronic. I may just make something quick and easy in python using a command line interface. Or maybe I'll follow this tutorial to create a roguelike using the libtcod roguelike library.

The setting for my rogue-like will be a world invasion of giants that you must defeat, based losely on the futuristic sequel I'd imagine to the recently released movie, Jack the Giant Slayer. I plan to use a lot of procedural generation of content, which is something I have wanted to do for a while. We'll see how far I get in the month, but this is definitely a game I want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment