Saturday, March 24, 2012

Wizard Fight Race 7II

Last weekend I had a few of my friends work on a game that we started from scratch and brought through to a state of completion. A lot of the ideas were things we had been discussing for a while, but the concrete plans came into being during that 3 day period. If you want to see what we made, the game can be downloaded or you can play it in a browser (assuming you install the right plugins). For the record, the title of the game is Wizard Fight Race 7II, and the number should be pronounced "seventy-two".

If you download and try it and want to provide any feedback, feel free to send me messages at my twitter account, @cordoro1, and I'll try to get back to you when I can. I feel like this experience was something that I needed and that it helped me remember how fun it can be to rapidly prototype a game when using the right programming environment. We used Unity as our game engine, which we had barely touched before we started this project. I'm impressed with how much we got done, despite the fact that the game might feel a little unfinished (the whole thing was done by only 2 programmers/designers in 72 hours).

No comments:

Post a Comment